Wednesday, December 21, 2011

The Joyfulaires

The Joyfulaires – In the Valley He Restoreth My Soul
Joyful Records LP: JS-73-1
05 (In the Valley) He Restoreth My Soul.m4a

'Tis the season for thrift stores to organize their records. Once a year the Christmas records are separated from the secular records. I enjoy this, it makes it easy, I only need to browse through a considerable smaller selection to try to find something I like than I do the rest of the year. So why did I browse through the Christmas bin the other day? God only knows. 
I picked up this LP by the Joyfulaires last Christmas when I was still living in Ohio. When there still was the potential for a white Christmas to look forward to. The Joyfulaires are from Albany, Ohio.
"Dianna is a young married student and has dedicated her talents to God. She was a neglected child, but God sent Mr. and Mrs. Pinney, wonderful christian parents, to adopt her as their own." (—The Joyfulaires, In the Valley He Restoreth My Soul)
Dianna plays piano in the group. Karen and Bonnie are young mothers who sing. Bonnie's phone number is listed on the LP (for bookings, I suppose) and it would be only a local call for me but I won't dial it (no, I'm not passing on that number either, it's 40 years old, for heaven's sake).

No comments:

Post a Comment